Tuesday, December 28, 2010

absurd, nothing described it better.

Most of my nights are absurd, no bragging about it.
But, this is the most absurd night in my life, so far.
The place is crowded. Mostly with people i know. I'm busy saying hi, giving hugs, and answering curiosity.

Suddenly, a woman stand up from the crowd, to sing a song with the band. And i was strangled. Is that MEL SHANDY ? Yes, the lady rocker who was quite popular back then, along side with Nicky Astria and Nike Ardila.

FYI, she's now wearing 'jilbab'. And the place is a bar, full with alcohol. She picked a song "What's Going On", and sang the song in highly lady rocker pitch. And the band is a britpop band.

I couldn't say anything but absurd. Or maybe surreal. Something you can't believe, but somehow it feels real.
***

Dan sebuah telepon dari teman membuat saya berhenti berpikir ini adalah sesuatu yang nyata. Saya harap itu tidak nyata.
Saya harap saya kemarin tidak pergi ke gig itu, tertawa-tawa, memeluk semua orang, dan sedikit tipsy karena tequilla. Saya harap saya tidak menonton teman saya perform, dan tidak bisa menebak siapa yang tiba-tiba naik ke atas panggung untuk menyumbang lagu.

Saya tidak bisa berharap membatalkan beberapa hal lain di belakangnya, karena semuanya memang sudah seharusnya begitu.
Tetapi, mungkin kalau saya tidak pergi kemarin, di saat yang bersamaan, dia juga tidak akan melakukan hal yang kemarin dilakukannya.

Hal yang membuat saya merasa seperti seorang cold hearted bitch. useless-cold-hearted bitch. Because even if i felt something, i couldn't do anything to that.

***

All of sudden, the band played a song that had been haunting me earlier that night. The vocalist--not Mel Shandy--said, the song was dedicated to my other friend. But, yet, i feel like the song was dedicated to me. I sang it loudly, as my invisible tears began to shed . I feel misrable and somehow i feel bad of being good.

"Take me out tonight
Where there's music and there's people
Who are young and alive
Driving in your car
I never never want to go home
Because I haven't got one anymore

Take me out tonight
Because I want to see people
And I want to see life
Driving in your car
Oh please don't drop me home
Because it's not my home, it's their home
And I'm welcome no more

And if a double-decker bus
Crashes into us
To die by your side
Is such a heavenly way to die
And if a ten ton truck
Kills the both of us
To die by your side
Well the pleasure, the privilege is mine

Take me out tonight
Take me anywhere, I don't care
I don't care, I don't care
And in the darkened underpass
I thought Oh God, my chance has come at last
But then a strange fear gripped me
And I just couldn't ask"
There is a Light That Never Goes Out, The Smiths

1 comment: